Love Island Recap: Final Four Couples Revealed in Brutal Dumping and Islanders Compete in Sports Day – Everything You Missed from Episode 56
By Joanna Crawley For Mailonline
With just 24 hours until the Love Island finale, Sunday night’s episode unveiled the final four couples. The remaining islanders were tasked with voting for the least compatible couple during their final dates this week, and Maya Jama returned to reveal the results. Two couples faced the public vote, leaving four couples to battle it out in Monday night’s finale.
In other news, the competition heated up during the villa sports day, but viewers were left disappointed by the absence of the famous baby challenge. Instead, it was replaced with a sports day challenge, which didn’t sit well with fans who took to Twitter to express their frustration.
During Sunday’s episode, Mitchel Taylor and Ella Barnes became the final couple to be dumped ahead of the series final. The remaining couples voted for the least compatible pair, and Ella B and Mitchel received the most votes. Maya Jama delivered the news, and while the rest of the group celebrated making it to the final, Mitchel and Ella said their goodbyes.
Maya Jama made a sensational return to the villa on Sunday night, dressed in a purple sequin co-ord. She greeted the Islanders with her usual charm and announced one last dumping before the final.
Love Island fans were left angered by the absence of the baby challenge this year. The fan-favorite challenge, where couples look after crying baby dolls, was replaced with a sports day challenge. Viewers took to social media to express their disappointment and demand answers.
The series will come to a close on Monday when one couple will be crowned the winner and receive the £50,000 cash prize. Maya Jama will visit the villa one last time to announce the final dumping before the live final.
Don’t miss Love Island: The Final airing on ITV2 at 9pm on Monday.
MEET THE ISLANDERS:
– Tyrique Hyde, a 24-year-old footballer from Essex, will bring vibes, confidence, good energy, and honesty to the villa. He’s not afraid to go after what he wants.
– Ella Thomas, a 23-year-old model from Glasgow, has been in a Headie One and Burna Boy music video and was once an extra in World War Z. She believes she’s the whole package and has a big heart.
– Jess Harding, a 22-year-old aesthetics practitioner from London, is single because every boy is giving her the “ick” at the moment. She’s saving herself for Mr. Right in the villa.
– Sammy Root, a 22-year-old project manager from Kent, will bring the energy to the villa. He describes himself as funny, bubbly, and a bit cheeky.
– Zachariah Noble, a 25-year-old personal trainer and basketball player from South East London, is a chilled out guy who is always himself. He has an aversion to bad handwriting and twerking.
– Molly Marsh, a 21-year-old musical theatre performer and social media creator from Doncaster, sees Love Island as the perfect way to find someone. She’s had the opportunity to visit the Love Island Villas in Mallorca and South Africa.
– Whitney Adebayo, a 25-year-old entrepreneur from London, will bring good vibes and adaptability to the villa. She falls in lust quickly but takes time to fall in love.
– Lochan Nowacki, a 25-year-old account manager from Windsor, is excited to go into Casa Amor and believes he can turn heads without being disrespectful. He’s confident in his good looks and personality.
Tune in to Love Island: The Final on ITV2 at 9pm on Monday.